Every time you Follow a Hubber, you have the option to leave him or her some Fan Mail. Fan Mail is one of the clearest ways to share the love on HubPages, as it’s all about highlighting what you love most about the person you have chosen to Follow.
To leave Fan Mail that a fellow Hubber is not likely to forget, we recommend:
- Explicitly pointing out what you like most about this Hubber
- Explaining which Hub or Hubs finally inspired you to follow him or her
- Sharing which subject areas you most enjoy seeing this Hubber explore
- Suggesting new subjects for the Hubber to cover
- Mentioning something you and this Hubber have in common
- Pointing out what it is that makes this Hubber stand apart from the crowd
In addition to boosting another Hubber’s mood for a spell, your Fan Mail has the potential to give someone else the much-needed confidence to publish something truly extraordinary.
We’ve all had moments when we have held our talent back because of a lack of confidence. Wouldn’t it be nice if someone popped out and complimented us in our moments of weakness? By leaving Fan Mail for another person, you might just become that person- and really make a difference.
Because you can only leave Fan Mail once, we recommend taking some time to think about what you would like to say to the Hubber you have Followed before submitting the message. If you are not ready to send Fan Mail right after you Follow someone, don’t worry! You have the option to move on to something else, then return to that person’s Profile to leave Fan Mail when you are ready.