Maven announced some very exciting news today; a new partnership with Po.et, a blockchain-based universal ledger for tracking rights and ownership of creative works. It is Maven’s goal to empower content creators to monitor and protect their writing, photos, and other digital assets, with greater ease. We know how important content protection is to writers and we’re 100% on board. Check out this discussion with Paul Edmondson, David Bailey, and James Heckman for more details:
Today it is my pleasure to share with you an interview with Paul Edmondson and James Heckman (CEO of Maven) where they delve a little deeper into the detalis of why HubPages and Maven are such a great fit. The two companies share a compatible vision on everything from company culture to technology to a desire to provide both more resources to writers and more value to advertisers. It is truly a match made in heaven!
We are really excited to announce that we are joining Maven. Maven is an expert-driven group media network, whose innovative platform serves, by invitation-only, a coalition of professional, independent channel partners.
We just completed the most successful 4th quarter in our history with the highest ad CPMs we’ve ever seen. As we formed our ad strategy, Josh Jacobs from Maven consulted with us on which partners to use, how to think about unique demand, and how to help the passionate experts on HubPages present their inventory to premium programmatic buyers. The results have been outstanding.
From monetization synergies and shared technology to increased promotion of our sites, this is a great opportunity for us to continue what we do, but even better, and with more opportunity for Hubbers.
We greatly appreciate the dedication of the writers on HubPages and our niche sites and want to assure everyone that the continued success of authors is the central theme of our joining with Maven.
What will happen with HubPages and Network Sites?
- We will continue to develop the HubPages Network platform, with the addition of new niche sites and a suite of unique services to help people create and maintain world class content for readers around the world. We will look for opportunities for select Hubbers to migrate to Maven’s user experience after careful testing and extensive planning.
- Network sites have been a central theme of our joint success over the last two years. We are excited to bring this knowledge to Maven as well as preserve, improve, and expand our sites that the folks from this community have helped to make thrive.
What are the benefits for Hubbers?
- Increasing the scale and sharing technology costs benefits all the writers across our ecosystem and Maven’s. Small gains add up, and will help us deliver world-class design, improved site speed, and adopt the necessary technologies to be successful for years to come.
- The increasing complexity of the technology required to monetize with programmatic ads will be better served with a dedicated team focusing on achieving world-class yields across the HubPages Network and Maven. With just informal discussions, this cooperation has already proven very fruitful.
What’s the team doing?
- First, we care deeply about the community of writers who have chosen to write on HubPages. We want to thank our community and we plan on personally working for the benefit of Hubbers and Maven partners for years to come.
- The entire team will be joining Maven. We will be working extra hard for the next several months to ensure that Hubbers remain successful as we get to know our new team at Maven.
We just want to say thank you to all the Hubbers, the over 35 million readers, our team at HubPages and to our new team at Maven for welcoming all of us. Here is to a better future of discovering, creating, and connecting people with wonderful words across the world.
Paul E and Paul D