Happy Monday, Hubbers! I know many of you have become increasingly frustrated with the Google traffic roller coaster, which is why it’s so important to diversify your traffic sources as much as possible. Today I’m very pleased to offer alternative traffic tips from one of our most successful Hubbers on social media, veteran HubPages writer WryLilt. Check out her advice below and be sure to stop by her latest Hub for the full list of suggestions:
After learning the hard way about the risks of using just one source of traffic (thank you Google Panda), I have spent the last several years finding as many ways to diversify my traffic sources, income sources, and content as possible. During that time I’ve tried dozens of ways to build incoming traffic; some have worked incredibly well while others were a waste of time. I know that many Hubbers are suffering at the hands of Google’s regular changes, so I decided to combine a list of my tried and tested tips for building up traffic from multiple sources. Here are five of my favorites:
1. Jump on a new trend or topic before major websites see, research, and write about it to get a quick viral Hub.
2. Create Hubs that answer dumb questions in competitive niches, as larger sites don’t notice or bother with those topics.
3. Don’t spam people with your own content; your content should make up between 1:4 and 1:10 of your social media posts if you want to build social media engagement.
4. On Google Plus, search “[topic] circle” and click on “Add People” to add people in your niche and encourage follow backs from a targeted audience.
5. Use a Made for Pinterest (MFP) image in your content to increase the shares both directly from your hub as well as on Pinterest itself. I’ve created a list of 50 tips, including some awesome free sites and cheats you can use when promoting on social media.
You can read the rest of my one sentence tips in my latest Hub, 50 One Sentence Tips to Increase Traffic Without Google.