We often hear from Hubbers that the hardest aspect of online writing is finding topics to write about. When in doubt, we recommend writing on…
- Your areas of expertise (specifically skills, hobbies, and activities in which there is significant interest online)
- Day-to-day tasks and activities in your life (such as fixing healthy meals for teens, improving your swimming skills, and learning how to housetrain new pets)
- A subject of which you have many photos and images (chances are you already have great photos- why not create Hubs that put them to good use?)
- A subject on which you have already done research (for example, a major purchase you made, the subject of a recent college paper, or the focus of a lot of inquisitive Googling)
- A subject that you have searched for online that is not well-addressed by existing online articles
For a more detailed explanation of these areas, listen in to this week’s podcast (Choosing Topics to Write About). Here’s hoping your writer’s block is short and fleeting.
Is there some other online writing issue that is keeping you from happily writing new Hubs? Tell us about it! Email questions, comments, and suggestions for future podcasts to podcast-at-HubPages-dot-com.