Many of the ideas and new features on HubPages are suggested by our fabulous authors. Topic Templates is another fantastic Hubber-driven feature. In a Forum post, janderson99 suggested that since HubPages is becoming more and more focused on quality, we should provide our authors with a foundation for creating Stellar, QAP-friendly Hubs!
Our answer to this fabulous request is a group of Templates that are created with a specific topic in mind. For example, photos are extremely important in recipe Hubs, so we’ve included more Photo Capsules in the Food and Cooking Template as well as Ingredients, Instructions, Cook Time, Ratings, and Nutrition Capsules. While we feel that the Templates are a great foundation, they are also easily edited; moving around, deleting, or adding capsules is the same as it always has been.
As an added bonus, we have added tips and lessons about online writing within each capsule. The tips will be shown each time you choose the Template format but are automatically deleted when you edit each capsule. To see all of the Templates or go back to read the tips and suggestions, you can visit our Learning Center entry on Topic Templates where we have provided links to each Topic Template.
Here are a few of the benefits that we see when using a Topic Template:
- Your Hub is automatically broken up into multiple capsules in a format that is more reader friendly
- New Hubbers will get an idea of what a Hub is suppose to look like so they are more likely to pass our Quality Assessment Process
- You may try a capsule that you haven’t before and improve the look of your Hub
- It takes the guess work out of creating an appealing layout
- If you haven’t read our Hubs in the Learning Center, we are giving you tips directly in the HubTool
Ultimately, HubPages is about writing high-quality, long format content and the team at HubPages hope that the Topic Templates will help our new and veteran Hubbers start off with a good foundation. Now that you have your layout, fill those capsules with informative, rich, grammatically correct content; original or legally used and attributed photos; and other engaging media! Thanks janderson for the suggestion!