The best of Hubs feature gorgeous, interesting, useful photos. We would like to make it as easy as possible for readers to enjoy them more thoroughly. For this reason, Edward Zhang has been working hard on improving slideshows on HubPages. The original feature allowed readers to view a slideshow of images on a separate page so long as:
- There were more than five images in that Hub
- The author did not have the slideshow feature turned off
While this was a nice option, it did not provide readers with the best experience because they were taken away from the original Hub. If you can’t remember what the original slideshow looked like, here’s a snapshot (minus the ads posted to the side of the page) of a slideshow from a beautiful Hub on making decorated Easter eggs by Sherry Hewins: Great photo, less-than-ideal slideshow! The new and improved slideshow has several benefits:
- It appears in an overlay, so readers are not taken away from Hubs
- It has an improved, streamlined appearance
- It has built-in social sharing options, encouraging readers to share your Hub with their friends
- It keeps readers on your Hub longer by not only giving them a peek at your photos, but by enabling them to look at slideshows from other Hubs- all in the same overlay
The new slideshow also appears by default on all Hubs with more than two images. There is no longer an option to disable the feature because it no longer involves directing readers away from the actual Hub.
Have a look at how it appears on Stephhicks68’s magnificent photo Hub on autumn foliage: We hope you like the improvement!