I have quite a nifty new feature to announce today. (It’s extra special, too, because it’s Oren’s first project at HubPages. Go Oren!) YouTube videos that you embed in your Hubs can now include a timestamp! For people who are less tech-savvy like me, this means that when you add videos to your Hub, you can make the video start playing at a particular time. This feature is extra useful in situations where you want to show the reader a specific part of a really long video. By including the timestamp, the video will automatically start playing right where you want it to.
Here’s how it works. When you want to share a specific part of a video with your readers, follow these steps:
- Pause the YouTube video at the spot where you want it to start playing in your Hub.
- Click the “Share” tab below the video. Sharing options should appear right underneath the tab.
- Click the check box beside the “Start at:” option.
- Copy the link from the box into your Hub.
- The video in your Hub should now start wherever you paused it on YouTube.
To learn more about embedding your video with a timestamp, check out the HubPages FAQ entry. Happy Hubbing!