The HubPages Cookbook Contest has drawn to a close, but the amazing recipes published throughout will live on! We read so many fantastic entries — from frosty drinks to decadent desserts, from culinary classics to untried originals. With a whopping 1828 entries and 792 participants, the judging panel sure had their work cut out for them. It was tough to choose our winners, but we finally did! While these recipes represent some of the best HubPages has to offer, visitors will be enjoying all the recipes submitted during this contest for years to come!
So without any ado whatsoever, your HubPages Cookbook Contest winners!
- Grand Prize Winner: Curry Corn Chowder With Pancetta by pennylu: This top-of-the-line Hub includes a fantastic step-by-step photo guide with detailed, full-width, original photos, plus ends with a short quiz filled with fun facts!
- Best Dessert Recipe: Horchata Ice Cream With Bananas & Butter Caramel Sauce by vespawoolf: This recipe has an extremely unique topic that has not already been exhaustively covered online, and includes helpful ice cream making tips.
- Best Drink Recipe: How to Make Drinks that Glow in the Dark by cocopreme: cocopreme’s Hub features multiple, very unique and playful recipes with cool explanations of the science behind glowing drinks as well as three original videos (added in Video Capsules via YouTube)
- Best Family Recipe: Homemade Ice Cream in a Bag by ktrapp: Featuring an original video, fun stats on favorite ice cram flavors, this Hub also offers an explanation of what chemically happens during the freezing process!
- Best Healthy Recipe: Nut Burgers with Shiitake Mushrooms: a Gluten Free Recipe by Melovy: Melovy offers very helpful nutritional information, tips on substitutions, alterations for people with additional dietary restrictions, and a complementary dish recipe.
- Best Budget-Friendly Recipe: Roast Turkey Thigh and Salad Wraps: A Budget Family Sharing Platter by Gordon Hamilton: This Hub provides readers with a detailed cost evaluation (in two currencies) and helpful explanations of specific ingredients and tools!
Congratulations to all our winners, including all of our Daily Drawing and Weekly Winners (complete list available in the forums). We hope you enjoyed writing these recipes as much as we enjoyed reading them!
Stay tuned for our next contest, coming this fall!
2 replies on “Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner! – The Cookbook Contest Concludes”
Yay! Congrats to all the winners! These totally ARE winning hubs. 🙂
Congratulations to all the winners. These recipes look and sound fabulous! Time to get cooking!