We’ve just rolled out a new Hub design in 3 categories – Fashion & Beauty, Food, and Technology – that builds upon the previous design that Simone announced a few weeks ago. Here are the changes (click to see a full-sized version):
- The breadcrumb now displays the total number of published Hubs in each of the categories, to demonstrate the wealth of coverage in each of those areas.
- The author attribution has been moved to the right, has added a profile picture, and number of followers.
- Below that, we inform readers how many times a Hub has been viewed since the date it was published, which is also displayed. (UPDATE: This feature is going to be removed)
- In the floating share box to the right, we mention that over 50 million visits that the site as a whole enjoys monthly. The popularity of HubPages is one that tends to impress readers and conveys authority.
- Near the bottom before the comments, we repeat the number of views since publication, and the date the Hub has been updated.
- We’ve reintroduced the “previous” and “next” Hubs in a Group, along with a thumbnail of the first picture, to encourage readers to read more in a series.
- Related Hubs have a similar graphical treatment, with photo thumbnails.
- Comments reintroduce commenter levels and a photo of the commenter if s/he’s a Hubber.
- We’ve introduced a second ad in the footer, raising the number of ads from 4 to 5 in this design.
This current design will run for a week or two in these categories, as we find and fix any bugs, and gather data on their performance relative to other layouts.
Check it out!