Have you ever had the chance to attend SXSW? Otherwise known as South by Southwest, this annual conference which takes place in Austin, Texas is the place to share, see, and discuss cutting-edge technology, entertainment, products, music, and film.
HubPages has proposed a panel for SXSW 2012 at which our CEO Paul Edmondson would talk about bringing back the love when Google hates you. Only YOU can make this happen- we need your votes!
The gist of this panel is as follows:
In a world where Google guards the gates of the Internet, the Panda update proved beyond reasonable doubt that every website is vulnerable to the search giant’s changes. While Google does a very good job, the vagaries of search algorithm updates result in decent sites losing a huge chunk of their traffic, leading to distractions of resources in trying to recoup their search traffic. In this discussion, Paul Edmondson will talk about unsuspected insights from his Panda-update experience and offer 5 key best practices that will help your site remain stable during future changes.
And he would answer these questions:
- What strategies should writers, bloggers and content creators follow, to keep their sites stable during Google’s routine search technology changes?
- What best practices should web designers and web developers follow to retain the health of their traffic during Google’s algorithm updates?
- How can writers, bloggers and online content creators diversify their traffic sources in a world dominated by Google?
- How can independent sites remain stable during sudden algorithm updates from Google search?
- What are the best quality standards that sites should adhere to?
Tell me that does not sound interesting.
You can vote for this panel on SXSW website. To cast your vote and leave a comment, you’ll need to sign in or create an account, but doing all of those things only takes about a minute.