Guess what? We’ve got a contest next month!
The HubPages Share and Share a Like contest is HubPages’ first ever social contest in which we encourage you to write online articles that your social media friends are likely to read, enjoy, and share. In this contest, we’ve opened up most of the voting to the community and moved it to our Facebook page, making you just as much a judge as you are a participant! You can write about whatever you like- just make sure to add the “Contest” tag before publishing for your entry to count.
In addition to having the chance to win $50 each day with our classic Daily Drawing prize, entries may be selected to be showcased on our Facebook page for the Fan Faves round (from Tuesday to Friday following each contest week), in which any visitor may vote for their favorite Hub. Any of these Hubs that gets more than 25 votes wins an instant $25.
The entries chosen for each week’s Fan Faves challenge will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Whether the content is something friends and followers would be interested in reading (is exciting, strange, very useful, very funny, or has some other potential for going viral)
- Long-tail, niche topic that has not been extensively covered online
- Search-friendly title (mirrors common search terms)
- Excellent writing (proper use of grammar, capitalization)
- Unique (not copied or paraphrased from elsewhere online, full of details, examples, names, and figures)
- Attractive formatting (avoidance of excessive link, eBay, or Amazon capsule clutter, excessive bolding or italics, and all-caps)
- Judicious use of relevant capsules (original photos (especially your own), video, maps, tables, links, news, etc.)
The two Hubs with the most Fan Fave votes will move on to a Tug of War round (from Friday to Monday) of final voting, with the winner coming away with $100 and the runner up winning $50. The Tug of War winners from each week will enter a final round of voting on August 9th and the Hub with the most votes wins our Grand Prize of $500.
We will be sharing the detailed Share and Share a Like rules and timing on an official contest page soon, but submitting entries is going to be very easy. All you’ll have to do is add a simple tag. Voting will also be very easy. All you’ll have to do is visit our Facebook page and go to the Fan Faves and Tug of War tabs (which will only show up during the contest). If you want to start writing entries (to save as drafts- anything published before the contest will not count), keep in mind that all entires must be a minimum of 500 words (that are entirely original to HubPages) and must contain at least one high quality (and legally used) photo.
We’re really excited to read everyone’s entries and see which ones gain the most popularity amongst the community. May the best Hubbers win!