After looking at some of the reports that we have running here at HubPages, I noticed that we are getting really, really close to officially publishing our 200,000th Hub. This is an amazing achievement, considering that these are strictly the Hubs that have been published and actually stick around after making it through our super-duper spam fighting forces. This 200,000th Hub will be published most likely sometime today and I’ll keep an eye on the tally and let you know which Hubber ends up publishing it.
After realizing that we were about to crack the 200,000 Hub mark, I decided to do a little bit of research and find out what was the first official Hub, the 100,000th Hub, who published them, how many visitors per day were visiting us at the time and how long it took to reach each of these milestones. Here is what I found out:
- The first Hub is called My Treo 650 On Cingular and it was written by one of our founders Paul Edmondson. The Hub basically if full of information regarding what Paul thought were the pros and cons of his cell phone at the time. It was published on June 28th, 2006 and on that particular day HubPages had 100 visitors come to the site. Even to this day there are still plenty of Treo reviews being published like this one that reviews the various models of the Treo that are currently available to buy.
- The 100,000th Hub is called Active Versus Passive Devices and was published 20 months later after the first one on April 23rd, 2008. On the day that this 100,000th Hub was published HubPages had 220,000 visitors stop by the site for some sweet Hub-reading action.
- The 200,000 Hub is only a few Hubs away(199,976 published as I’m writing this), meaning that our amount of Hubs published has gone from 100,000 to 200,000 in 7 months, which is about 1/3 of the time that it took us to go from 1-100,000. Also, on average, nearly 370,000 visitors currently come on over to visit HubPages per day, which is quite a jump as well.
So, the only two questions now are:
- Who will publish the 200,000th Hub? Maybe it will be me? Or, maybe even you?
- How long will it take to to make it to 300,000 Hubs? I’m guessing that we’ll make it there around 3 months from now, what do you think?
UPDATE:The 200,000th Hub published was Baby Safety – Traveling Safely with Your Child.