There comes a time in every writer’s life where ideas don’t flow quite as easily as they once did. Being faced with writer’s block can put a huge damper on life, but luckily, there are ways to fight back!
Here are some great ways to fight writer’s block on HubPages:
- Participate in the weekly HubMob: Every week, the HubMob team shares a new topic and challenges Hubbers to write Hubs on it! These topics are search-friendly and perfect for getting your writing back on track when you are running out of inspiration. To see each week’s new HubMob theme, simply go to the Forums section of the site – the weekly topic will be stickied.
- Participate in HubPages contests: HubPages periodically hosts contests related to a particular category. Participating gives you something to write about, plus you’ll have the chance to win prizes! Our current upcoming contest, Money Grows on Hubs, is related to the Personal Finance category.
- Try your hand at keyword research: By doing a bit of keyword research, you can discover absolute treasure troves of great subjects to write on. Check out our Learning Center to learn how to get started.
- Get academic: We recently launched a page for Students on HubPages and are showcasing new academic Hubs every week. Why not research something interesting to you and publish your findings on HubPages, or edit and publish some of your old school papers on the site?
- Read the work of other Hubbers for inspiration and ask for ideas in the Forums: The HubPages community is wonderfully supportive and always willing to give helpful advice, plus reading other Hubbers’ Hubs may give you some ideas for your own!
Other simple actions such as working on something else for a while, going for a walk, talking with friends, and simply taking some time to relax can make a big difference, too.
The best thing about writer’s block is that it is temporary – and it might be just what you need to refresh your style or start exploring a new subject!
3 replies on “5 Ways to Fight Writer’s Block”
I do get a lot of this, as i have mentioned in my last hub if I get a hubbers block, I go out , visit the library, read, go shopping to fill the gap.
Gosh! I neva knew this really existed scientifically! Soon after I read about writers block I had to suffer it for two days!!!
this was so helpful for a person like me as I’m very nervous to publish an interesting hub.thank you with warm regards,i shall definitely try.