We’re happy to announce a number of fabulous changes here at HubPages. We hope you will enjoy them as much as we do:
- HubPages will assume ownership of all of the original photos you’ve uploaded to the site. We will be collaborating with Pinterest to assemble them into a book which we will be selling. Unfortunately, we will not be able to share revenues with Hubbers for this.
- We are modifying Hubs’ ad layout and impressions-share arrangement. From now on, author’s share of impressions will occur on the bottom two units on Mondays and Thursdays between 2 a.m. and 3:30 a.m., while all other ad impressions will be on HubPages’s share.
- We will select, at random, 10 users on the site daily for banning. Because the selection will be done at random, our support team will not be able to give guidance on why our banning algorithm chose certain Hubbers. Keep in mind that you’ll still have access to your Hubs when banned if you want to publish them elsewhere.
- Hubs will have to have a minimum of 3,000 words to be published, except poetry Hubs, which only have to have a minimum of 2,750 words each.
- Every Hub must be translated into Spanish and French. We strongly encourage translation into Mandarin Chinese, too, but we have chosen to make that optional.
- Since staff reads every Hub, every comment, and every forum post, we will rate each Hubber contribution for quality and positivity, and will every rating feed into HubberScore. Please note that too many (more than 3) down-ratings may result in a banning.
Thank you for being as excited about these changes as we are. And, if it wasn’t obvious enough, Happy April Fool’s Day!